Trump says he won’t shut down US if a second wave of COVID-19 comes

President Donald Trump on Thursday said “we are not closing our country” if the U.S. is hit by a second wave of COVID-19.

His comments come on the same day that the United States reported another 2.4 million Americans applied for unemployment benefits last week That brings the total of new unemployment claims to more than 38 million in nine weeks..

In reference to states like California which have not reopened as quickly as others Trump said, “I don’t think the people are going to stand for it.” Yet Texas, North Carolina and Arizona have reported spiking numbers of cases as they’ve moved into reopening.

“People say that’s a very distinct possibility, it’s standard,” Trump said when asked about a second wave.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.